If you are travelling to Dubai with an elderly person, or have mobility issues and need help getting through the airport, you can find special assistance services at Dubai Airports.
Whether you need a wheelchair, medical assistance or want to fast-track your way through the airport, here are all the details.
How do I request a wheelchair?
If you need to book wheelchair assistance at the airport, you must inform your airline at least 24 to 48 hours before travel and before checking in online.
Once you have informed your airline, an airline or airport employee will assist you from your flight to the pick-up point when you arrive.
Both Dubai International Airport (DXB) and Dubai World Central (DWC) have services available for people who require special assistance. This includes dedicated check-in areas, complimentary parking for drivers who are People of Determination, prioritised drop-off points and wheelchair access. The airports are also equipped with specialised ambulifts (high lifts) for passengers who have difficulty navigating the aircraft steps when the plane is parked remotely.
If you are departing from Dubai International Airport (DXB), you can avail the wheelchair services from the curbside of Terminal 3 or the check-in counters from Terminal 1 and 2.
Will I be charged?
If you are travelling though Dubai Airports, wheelchair access is free.
How do I get special assistance for medical conditions at Dubai Airport?
For passengers with medical conditions and mobility issues, Dnata, which is the Dubai-based air and travel services provider, provides trained assistance.
To arrange this, you can fill up the ‘Special Assistance Bookings’ form online on the Dnata website – dnatatravel.com, or contact the customer help centre – 800 36282.
Depending on your requirements, Dnata can arrange assistance at the airport or on the flight, help you with booking accessible accommodation or arrange transportation to your hotel or residence.
How to book special assistance with Dnata
1. Visit this link: https://www.dnatatravel.com/help/special-assistance.aspx and fill in the following details:
• Contact name
• Name of the passenger needing assistance
• Medical condition
• Email address
• Mobile number
2. Select the booking type:
• Flight Only
• Hotel Only
• Flights and Hotel
3. If you need help with airport or flight assistance, enter the departure date, and select whether you have your wheelchair.
• Enter the destination airport and departure airport.
• Enter the outbound and return time.
• Select the number of passengers.
4. Provide additional information regarding your flight and requirements.
Depending on the details you filled out in the form, a Dnata customer service representative will get back to you with a quote. According to Dnata, the cost for the service is based on the level of assistance required.
Dubai Airport Meet and Greet service – ‘Marhaba’
Whether you are travelling first class, business class or economy, you can book a VIP airport Meet and Greet service at Dubai Airport.
‘Marhaba’ is available for all travellers and assists them with all the airport formalities and security.
A ‘Marhaba’ representative will fast-track a traveller through immigration, speed up security clearance and get porter assistance for baggage claim.
According to ‘Marhaba’ this service is useful for people travelling with their families, for the elderly, business travellers, People of Determination or passengers with language barriers.
How to book
1. Visit the website – www.marhabaservices.com/ae/english2.
Click on ‘Airport Meet and Greet Services’ on the site’s menu tab.
3. Select one of the options – arrival, transfer or departure.
4. Select the airport.
5. Enter the date.
6. Select the number of passengers – adults, children or infants.
7. Choose your service – ‘Marhaba’ offers different packages to passengers and each of them offers different services.
8. Select if you want a wheelchair service – this can cost an additional Dh120.
9. Click on ‘Check Availability’.
Source: Gulf News